Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do what you love...

The following "Day" is taken from a book called "Meditations from the Mat" by Rolf Gates.

Day 150:"Let the beauty that you love be what you do" Rumi

As I prepare for an all day big corporate meeting, and presentation within that meeting, I know I will be dealing with pain bodies and egos everywhere... In one room... All day. So how do I bring my dharma forward in that setting? I will make them laugh... I will bring joy... I will support the work that came before me.

"... dharma is the recognition that each of us is born with unique gifts, and that it is our path to discover these gifts and share them with others. In sharing our gifts we live most fully, perform maximum service to those around us, and empower them to live out their dharma."

During Rolf's Vinyasa Teacher Training in 2009, the class noticed that each of us has a unique gift that we have shared with each other over the course of the training. As luck would have it, we have continued sharing our gifts via email, pictures, Facebook, blogs, etc. We continue to support each other in ways that are blind to the outside world.

As we practice - we share, we support, we grow...

"As we inhale, we prepare; as we exhale, we deepen the posture. Coming to the mat, we prepare; going forth into our lives, we shine. Our practice is an inhalation, our dharma is an exhalation."

Inhale joy... Exhale and shine....

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kim,

    Thanks for starting this blog. Today I prepare to lead a business management class on "strategy."

    The biggest pain body in the room may be me. Thanks for the reminder about inhaling and exhaling. That will be my practice today.

    ReplyDelete