Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Smiling...

I walked into a Dealership at lunch to have my 25,000 mile tune up completed. The place was packed! People getting their car washed, tires checked, tune ups... a madhouse! I was one of many standing in line waiting to be helped. I waited... and waited... and waited. Fifteen minutes later a young man asked if he could help me. By then I was annoyed and irritated... so yeah! He could definately help.

Noticing that I wasn't practicing Ahimsa (non-violence in any way) I was only hurting myself by continuing to be irritated. So... I smiled. Simply a smile... I said hello to a couple of service people walking by. They smiled back. Simple acts of kindness... a smile... a hello during a very busy time when all of the other customers are complaining. As my car was being processed the expectation was set that my car might take longer than usual. Instead of an hour probaly an hour and a half or two. I smiled... I'm ok, I have all that I need to keep me occupied.

By the way, my car was ready in under an hour. I smiled....

No comments:

Post a Comment