Friday, January 1, 2010

My Prayer for 2010






I have a calendar from 2009 that has quotes from the Dalai Lama. The last quote of the year is as follows:






May I become at all times, both now and forever
A protector for those without protection
A guide for those have lost their way
A ship for those with oceans to cross
A bridge for those with rivers to cross
A sanctuary for those in danger
A lamp for those without light
A place of refuge for those who lack shelter
And a servant to all in need.




All of us, at one time or another - in the now or future - has needed someone to be one of those "things" above. I have needed many people over the past three years to be those "things" for me. I am so grateful for those friends who have become my guides, protectors and bridges. I am grateful for those strangers that have become my lamp, refuge, and ship. I am blessed to have people in my life that continue to be servants to all those they come in contact with that are in need.


My wish for 2010 is that we all realize that each person we encounter, whether in passing or engaging in a conversation, is a person in need. I have hope for human compassion, kindness, and love. In 2010, I believe we will all find these things in people we know... and we don't. I pray that I am aware when I am in need and someone provides. Most of all, I pray that I can be of service and provide when others are facing uncertainty and loss. What comes around goes around - I'm sending compassion, kindness, and love out into the world this New Year's Day... and also to myself.


I wish you and yours a very blessed 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment