Friday, January 29, 2010

Let it rain


The following blog entry is completely inspired by the song "Rain" by Creed in their new album "Full Circle".

I am very influenced by music. My family is extremely musical and I've been exposed to every genre of music in existence since before I was born. Both of my parents were music majors at Indiana University and my mother taught piano and flute lessons as I was growing up. I was listening to music the other day and one of my favorite songs came on. As I listened to the lyrics I made the connection of how they link to events in my life over the recent past, and especialy how I've been feeling over the last week.


So, I'm sitting in my car, listening to the lyrics;

"Can you help me out? Can you lend me a hand?
It's safe to say that I'm stuck again
Trapped between this life and the light
I just can't figure out how to make it right..."

A thought shot through my mind ike a bolt of lightning; I realize that I have been stuck in this in-between place of understanding the journey and, yet, not achieving a feeling that I know how to make this process right. I've been blessed to have avenues of support as one situation after another pops up in-front of me. Like one of those Cowboy games that pop up villians in windows and along the streets where the objective is to shoot at them before they get you!

"... I tried to figure out
I can understand what it means to be whole again
Trapped between the truth and the consequence
Nothing's real, nothing's making sense..."

As the situations seem to go from odd... to odder... to completely Twighlight Zone... I continue to focus on the present moment. I understand that I have everything that I need to thrive. I know that I am surrounded by love. I understand what it means to be whole again. In this moment nothing is wrong, there are no problems. In this moment all is well and completely sane. I remind myself that I can handle everything happening in this moment and this too shall pass.

"... A thousand times before
I've wondered if there's something more, something more

I feel it's gonna rain lie this for days
So let it rain down and wash everything away
I hope that tomorrow the sun will shine
I feel it's gonna rain for days and day, I feel it's gonna rain..."

Notwithstanding any cliche references involving weather, there are various levels of storms that we must pass through in our lives to get to the sun. There are moments of sunshine in-between storms. My favorite is when there's rain while the sun is shining. I need the rain so I can grow, so I can learn from the current events and become aware of actions and reactions. I may not gain full understanding but I know that when the rain stops all of the crud will be washed away (kinda' like the salt that is currently covering my car).

"... Fall down, wash away my yesterdays
Fall down, so let the rain fall down on me..."


No comments:

Post a Comment